In recent months, there has been a lot of excitement about the Rocket, an inexpensive device that offered Low-Intensity Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (LI-ESWT, or “shockwave therapy”) at home.
In April 2020, Sexual MD Solutions LLC (owners of the GAINSWave® brand of shockwave therapy), obtained an injunction preventing the marketing of the Rocket.
There is a lot of confusion about what this lawsuit means, so we’re going to try to “decode” it for you.
- This is not a patent lawsuit. The Rocket does not violate any patents.
- The lawsuit alleges that Dustin Wolff and Stephanie Wolff (the people who launched the Rocket) had access to marketing materials and information owned by Sexual MD Solutions LLC, and allegedly used this information to “unfairly compete” with the GAINSWave clinics.
- Sexual MD Solutions LLC has obtained an injunction to prevent the Wolff’s and their associates form marketing or selling the Rocket.
You can download and read the full legal request for injunction.
What This Means for You
Launch Medical – the company founded by Dustin Wolff and Stephanie Wolff to sell and distribute the Rocket – is effectively out of business.
- If you purchased a Rocket and it has not been delivered, you can get a full refund. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your receipt. We’ve been following online forums to track customer experiences; it appears that the refund process takes about ten days.
- A new company has been formed to sell the home LI-ESWT device, which is now called the Phoenix. It can be ordered directly from the Phoenix company website. In order to protect the new company from legal action by Sexual MD Solutions LLC, Dustin Wolff and Stephanie Wolff have no involvement.
(Read our article on the Phoenix home shockwave device.)