The Phoenix is an affordable device that offers at-home treatment using Low-Intensity Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (Li-ESWT) – also called shockwave therapy or acoustic wave therapy.
Sexual health naturally declines as men get older. The Phoenix helps prevent decline, and restores sexual performance, using clinical-strength Li-ESWT at home for the first time. Li-ESWT uses powerful, targeted soundwaves to create a physiological change in the body. This is the same technology used during lithotripsy, to break up kidney stones, but at a much gentler level.
(If you’d like to understand more about the benefits of Li-ESWT, read our article on Shockwave Therapy, which includes links and citations for over 20 clinical studies.)
Until recently, shockwave therapy was only administered in clinics, using an expensive medical device (which can cost $30,000 or more). Patients usually received several treatments, over a period of 6 to 12 weeks, at a total cost of $3,000 to $6,000!
Shockwave Therapy at Home
Advertisement - see our Ad Policy
In 2020, a southern California company called Launch Medical developed a new product, the Phoenix, which allows men to administer Li-ESWT therapy at home. The device was created by inventor Jon Hoffman, author of the book Inventing Success: Five Steps From Idea To Shelf.
According to Dustin Wolff, co-founder of Launch Medical, the Phoenix uses the exact same treatment protocol (number of pulses, frequency, and intensity) as the clinical equipment. Each treatment delivers 15,000 pulses at 3.0 bars. A bar is a measurement of pressure corresponding to 100 kilopascals, or roughly to the atmospheric pressure at sea level. (See our Interview with Dustin Wolff.)
Dr. Paul Thompson, co-creator of the Phoenix, is the Chief Medical Officer for Launch Medical, and President of the Thompson Clinic. Dr. Thompson is a board-certified urologist and a Fellow in the American College of Surgeons. He is a member of the American Medical Association, Missouri Medical Society and American Urology Association.
The Phoenix comes with clear instructions – including online videos – for using the device, and how many sessions are required. The device has LED indicators to tell you when you need to change positions. It also has a “lock out” feature to prevent you from over-treating.
Does the Phoenix Work?
Here’s what we can say about the Phoenix:
- The Phoenix is a patented device that produces a hybrid of focused and radial waves.
- The Phoenix has been used and tested by thousands of men.
- The reviews on the Get My Phoenix website are collected and audited by an independent firm, Yotpo, which verifies that they come from actual users, and that they are unaltered. Based on these reviews, the Phoenix has an average rating of 4.3.
- The manufacturer, Launch Medical, has an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- The company offers a 90-day risk-free trial.
- Our staff members have personally tried the Phoenix and seen good results (see our Tips below).
No product will work for everyone, but based on these factors, we believe that most men will benefit from the Phoenix. More importantly, the company seems to be ethical and stands behind their product.
The Phoenix Price
The current price of the Phoenix is $879, which is much less expensive than the cost of a series of clinical treatments. There is also a financing plan available on the company’s website.
Launch Medical is having a Memorial Day Sale, and taking $200 off the price of the Phoenix! There will never be a better time to buy.
Just use the coupon code MEM200 at checkout.
We don't know how long this sale will last, so take advantage of it!
We asked Dustin Wolffe, co-founder of the company, how they are able to sell the device for such a low price, when clinical shockwave devices cost tens of thousands of dollars.
The big difference is the amount of use the device will get. A clinical unit is used all day, every day, for weeks or months at a time between servicing. The home unit will only be used once every few days, until the treatment is completed, so it doesn’t need to be “industrial grade.”
The company has also made several engineering advances to improve and lower the cost of the device, and has filed mutiple patents.
The Phoenix versus the Phoenix Pro
You may have seen clinics advertising the Phoenix Pro. According to Jame Lang, Director of Customer Experience at Launch Medical, “The Phoenix Pro and The Phoenix are the same device internally. The difference is the Pro is offered by clinics, with their more comprehensive advice. The Phoenix is less expensive and can be shipped directly to your home without an office visit.”
So unless you feel you need extra hand-holding, order the Phoenix directly and save some money.
Hands-On Experience and Tips for using the Phoenix
Having tried the Phoenix, we have some helpful information and tips that go beyond what you’ll find on their website.
- The Phoenix is pretty loud. Not jack-hammer or leaf-blower loud, but certainly louder than a typical vibrator. It’s pretty close to a barber’s hair clipper.
- The Phoenix comes with several packets of Lidocaine numbing cream. We’ve heard from lots of men in online discussion forums, and haven’t found anyone who uses this.
- It also comes with a few packets labelled “Heat Shield.” This is simply a lubricant. You can use any water-based sex lube, or you can buy a lube specifically intended for shockwave treatments. Aquasonic offers a 1-liter bottle of sonic gel for under $15. You can put a little lubricant in a shallow bowl so you can dip the tip of the Phoenix if it starts to dry out.
- Treatment is applied to a flaccid penis, holding it by the head to stretch it. This can be very awkward, especially if you get lube on your hands. As a tip, place a cock-ring or constriction band just behind the head of your penis; this will give you something to grip. The Erec-Tech constriction system has tabs that make it easy to put on, grip, and remove.
- You will get lube on your hands, and everything you touch, including the Phoenix. Have some wet-wipes or a damp towel nearby!
- After each use, be sure to remove and clean the tip using alcohol or an anti-bacterial cleaner.
- The O-ring on the base of the tip is subject to a lot of stress and can wear out; you can buy replacement O-rings at Amazon if you need them.
- As part of the overall treatment plan, the company also recommends that you use a penis pump for ten minutes, twice a day.
- For more information, see our video on Unboxing the Phoenix.
Phoenix Shockwave Therapy in the News
“This is an absolute game changer. “
MAXIM, January 5, 2021
“Extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT), is exciting and innovative. It is a new therapeutic modality that has been available for a number of years and is now being used on a worldwide basis.”
Tech Times, February 11, 2022
“The bottom line? This at-home shockwave therapy device could be a game-changer for men seeking a more satisfying sex life – especially as they grow older. With 40% of men experiencing difficulty by age 40, it’s never too early to start thinking about maintaining and enhancing things below the belt.”
LA Weekly, November 30, 2021
“The secret is The Phoenix’s acoustic sound wave technology. The Phoenix gets at the root cause of the problem.”
The Bottom Line
The Phoenix brings the price of shockwave therapy down to an affordable point, and allows men to administer the treatment themselves in the privacy of their home.
Phoenix is a revolutionary new option for improving bedroom performance!